The Dimension of the Teacher-Student Relationship: Frequent Language and its Conditioning Factors
In our paper, we approach the question of the relationship between a teacher and a student from an interdisciplinary methodology that integrates philosophical, ethical, and pedagogical knowledge. Starting from a notion of a person as being open to reality and constitutively religated to it, we wish to discern how to establish adequate relationships with each of the individuals existing within it. Specifically, we focus on the interpersonal dimension that can be established in a school context. As a result of this reflection, we propose a series of guidelines in relation to some linguistic expressions, to be carried out according to the student’s own understanding.
Amengual, G. (2007). Antropología filosófica [Philosophical anthropology]. Madrid: BAC.
Aristotle. (1993). Política [Politics]. Barcelona: Altaya. (Original work published 4th century B.C.E.)
Gallardo González, S., Cid Vázquez, M. T., Luciáñez Sánchez, M. J., Peñacoba Arribas, A.(2016). Vocación al amor y persona humana. In: S. Gallardo González (Ed.), Persona e identidad [Person and identity] (pp. 59-94). Ávila: UCAV.
Gómez, M. E. (2015). Currículo de educación infantil y primaria [Infant and primary education curriculum]. Madrid: Universidad Eclesiástica San Dámaso.
Heidegger, M. (2002). Ser y tiempo [Being and time]. Barcelona: Tecnos. (Original work published 1927)
Morales, T. (2011). Forja de hombres [The forge of men]. Madrid: BAC.
Pérez-Soba, J. J. (2005). La pregunta por la persona. La respuesta de la interpersonalidad [The question about the person: The interpersonality response] (Studia Theologica Matritenseia 3). Madrid: Publicaciones de la Facultad de teología San Dámaso.
Prieto, X. M. (2007). Antropología de la familia. Persona, matrimonio y familia. [Anthropology of the family: Person, marriage, and family]. Madrid: BAC.
Sartre, J. P. (1984). El ser y la nada: Ensayo de ontología fenomenológica [Being and nothingness: An essay on phenomenological ontology]. Madrid: Alianza. (Original work published 1943)
Scheler, M. (2000). El puesto del hombre en el cosmos [The role of the human in the cosmos]. Madrid: Alianza Editorial.
Zambrano, M. (2007). Filosofía y educación. Manuscritos [Philosophy and education: Manuscripts]. Málaga: Ágora.
Zorroza, M. I. (2018, April 15). Trascendencia y apertura. Una imagen del hombre para nuestro tiempo [Transcendence and openness: An image of man for our time]. Cauriensia, Vol. 10, 459–471. Retrieved from http://dx.medra.org/10.17398/1886-4945.10.459
Zubiri, X. (1963). Naturaleza, historia, Dios [Nature, history, God]. Madrid: Editorial Nacional.
Zubiri, X. (2007). El hombre y Dios [Man and God]. Madrid: Alianza Editorial.
Copyright (c) 2021 Marta Blanco Navarro
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- The Author/Authors agree(s) to publish the article free of charge in Multidisciplinary Journal of School Education in English or Spanish. The Editorial Board reserves the right to shorten the texts and change the titles.
- As part of free publication mentioned in § 1, the Author/Authors agrees to make the full electronic version of their article available in the Internet.
- The Author/Authors agrees to index their article in databases at home and abroad, including abstracts and keywords as well as Author's/Authors’ affiliation in English and in other languages. The Author/Authors agrees to pass on the information mentioned above to the owners of these databases.
- The Author/Authors declares that their publication is original and does not include borrowings from other works which might cause Publisher's responsibility, does not infringe the rights of the third party and that their copyright on this publication is not limited. The Author/Authors will incur all the costs and will pay compensations which might result from the mendacity of the following statement.
- The Author/Authors declares to bear complete responsibility for the scientific reliability of the article submitted. The detailed contribution of all co-authors is defined.
- The Author/Authors declares to publish the text in the Multidisciplinary Journal of School Education under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License (CC BY-ND 4.0).
- For more than one author, please complete the Authorship Contributions and send it to the editorial office. Please indicate the specific contributions made by each author (list the authors’ initials, e.g., JKH). Please download, complete, scan and attach the file in the system during the submission process.
Authors Statement - Authorship Contributions