The Need and Interest of Adults in Religious Education
Adults indicate their needs and interest in religious content in a variety of ways. They express a conviction that adult religious education should not be limited to catechesis and look for such forms that correspond to their needs and expectations. One of them is the Bible Correspondence Course (BCC). This form of adult religious education has been present in Poland for over 20 years, and in Austria even longer. The Course not only attracts growing interest amongst adults but also meets their expectations and brings (often unexpected) results. By analysing the motives for the participation in the BCC one can see that this form of adult education is a significant event for many people and has become a unique part of their biographies. Thus, its effects relate to many areas and dimensions of human existence.
1. The Author/Authors agree(s) to publish the article free of charge in Multidisciplinary Journal of School Education in English or Spanish. The Editorial Board reserves the right to shorten the texts and change the titles.
2. As part of free publication mentioned in § 1, the Author/Authors agrees to make the full electronic version of their article available in the Internet.
3. The Author/Authors agrees to index their article in databases at home and abroad, including abstracts and keywords as well as Author's/Authors’ affiliation in English and in other languages. The Author/Authors agrees to pass on the information mentioned above to the owners of these databases.
4. The Author/Authors declares that their publication is original and does not include borrowings from other works which might cause Publisher's responsibility, does not infringe the rights of the third party and that their copyright on this publication is not limited. The Author/Authors will incur all the costs and will pay compensations which might result from the mendacity of the following statement.
5. The Author/Authors declares to bear complete responsibility for the scientific reliability of the article submitted. The detailed contribution of all co-authors is defined.
6. The Author/Authors declares to publish the text in the Multidisciplinary Journal of School Education under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License (CC BY-ND 4.0).