Inclusiveness for all: the importance of individualization and differentiation for achieving educational progress in children in kindergarten
The publication outlines the importance of individualization and
differentiation when selecting and developing educational content, as well
as when planning the goals of pedagogical interactions in the kindergarten.
The results of a study involving experimental and control groups of 3–4- and
6–7 year-old children are presented; they indicate greater improvement in
the progress of children in the group where an individual and differentiated
approach had been systematically applied to all pupils.
Keywords: individualization; differentiation; individual educational progress;
3–4 year-old children; 6–7 year-old children.
Căprioară D. & Frunză V., Differentiation and Individualization in the Organization of the Teaching-Learning Activities in Mathematics. In: Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 93, 2013, pp. 2063–2067.
Decree № 4 for Early Childhood Education and Preparation of Children for the Primary School, (2000; updated 2005) [Online] Available at: <http://www.minedu.government.bg/opencms/export/sites/mon/left_menu/documents/process/nrdb_4-00_preduchilishtno_obr.pdf> [Accessed on 01/08/2015].
Engel S. and Randall K., How Teachers Respond to Children’s Inquiry. In: American Educational Research Journal, Vol. 46, No. 1, 2009, pp. 183–202.
Engels-Kritidis R., Детето в света на пословиците и поговорките. [Child in
the Allegory World of Proverbs and Sayings.] Sofia 2012.
Kratochvílová J. & Havel J., Application of Individualization and Differentiation in Czech Primary Schools – One of the Characteristic Features of Inclusion. In: Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 93, 2013, pp. 1521–1525.
Kuznetsova E. & Régnier J. C., Individualization of Educational Process According to C. Freinet: a Pilot Experiment in a Group of Language Learners. In: Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 154, 2014, pp. 87–91.
Mircheva I., Отворено обучение. Диференциация в обучението в началното училище. [Open Education. Differentiation in Primary School Education.] Sofia 2013.
Roussinova E., D. Gyurov, M. Baeva, V. Gyurova et al., Програма за възпитание на детето от две- до седемгодишна възраст. [Program for the Education of the Child from 2 to 7 Years of Age.] Sofia 2013.
Tomlinson C.A., The Differentiated Classroom: Responding to the Needs of All Learners, 2nd Edition. Alexandria, VA, USA 2014.
1. The Author/Authors agree(s) to publish the article free of charge in Multidisciplinary Journal of School Education in English or Spanish. The Editorial Board reserves the right to shorten the texts and change the titles.
2. As part of free publication mentioned in § 1, the Author/Authors agrees to make the full electronic version of their article available in the Internet.
3. The Author/Authors agrees to index their article in databases at home and abroad, including abstracts and keywords as well as Author's/Authors’ affiliation in English and in other languages. The Author/Authors agrees to pass on the information mentioned above to the owners of these databases.
4. The Author/Authors declares that their publication is original and does not include borrowings from other works which might cause Publisher's responsibility, does not infringe the rights of the third party and that their copyright on this publication is not limited. The Author/Authors will incur all the costs and will pay compensations which might result from the mendacity of the following statement.
5. The Author/Authors declares to bear complete responsibility for the scientific reliability of the article submitted. The detailed contribution of all co-authors is defined.
6. The Author/Authors declares to publish the text in the Multidisciplinary Journal of School Education under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License (CC BY-ND 4.0).