Learning Reflective Skills with the Use of Narrative Techniques.
The article is to elicit how important is to draw attention to learning reflective skills for personal and social development, particularly the learner development. The use of narrative techniques in the process of learning can occur beneficial for its participants. That is why, their crucial meaning for pedagogical purposes is emphasized in the analyzed material. These techniques implemented in a didactic and upbringing practice, also, can be treated as techniques of gathering data in the qualitative research that is the author’s target of interest.
Keywords: learner, learning, reflective learner’s skills, narrative, narrative techniques,
Amulya, J. (2011). What is Reflective Practice? Community Science. Retrived from https://www.communityscience.com/images/file/What%20is%20Reflective%20Practice.pdf
Bereźnicki, F. (2011). Podstawy kształcenia ogólnego [Fundamentals of General Education]. Kraków: Oficyna Wydawnicza „Impuls”.
Boud, D., Koegh, R., Walker, D. (1985). Promoting reflection in learning: a model. In: K. Boud, R. Koegh, D. Walker, (Eds.) Reflection: Turning Experience in Learning. London: Kogan.
Bruner, J. (2006) Kultura edukacji [The Culture of Education]. (Lisiecka D. Trans.). Kraków:UNIVERSITAS.
Day, C. (1999). Researching teaching through reflective practice, in: ed. J. Loughran, Researching Teaching: Methodologies and Practices for Understanding Pedagogy (215-233). London: Falmer Press.
Denton, D. (2009). Reflection and Learning: Characteristics, Obstacles, and Implications. Educational Philosophy and Theory 43(8):838 – 852. Retrived from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/227664798_Reflection_and_Learning_Characteristics_obstacles_and_implications (DOI: 10.1111/j.1469-5812.2009.00600).
Dewey, J. (1933), How we think: A restatement of the relation of reflective thinking to the educative process.Boston: DC Heath and Company.
Dorgu, T. E. (2015). Different Teaching methods: A Panacea for Effective Curriculum Implementation in the Classroom, International Journal of Secondary Education. Special Issue: Teaching Methods and Learning Styles in Education. Vol. 3, No. 6-1, 77-87. (DOI: 10.11648/j.ijsedu.s.2015030601.13)
Engeström, Y. (2011). Activity Theory and Learning. In: M. Malloch. L. Carins, K. Evans, B. N. O’Connor (Eds), The SAGE Handbook of Workplace Learning (pp. 86-104). London: Sage.
Kolb, A.Y., Kolb, D. A. (2008). Experiential Learning Theory: A Dynamic, Holistic Approach to Management Learning, Education and Development. In: S. J. Armstrong, C. Fukami (Eds), Handbook of Management Learning, Education and Development. London, Sage Publications. Retrived from, http://learningfromexperience.com/media/2010/08/ELT-Hbk-MLED-LFE-website-2-10-08.pdf.
Kolb, D. A., Yeganeh, B., (2011). Deliberate Experiential Learning (ORBH WORKING PAPER CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY). Retrived from:https://weatherhead.case.edu/departments/organizational-behavior/workingPapers/WP-11-02.pd.
Marek, Z. (2017). Pedagogika towarzyszenia. [The Pedagogy of Accompaniment]. Kraków: Akademia Ignatianum w Krakowie.
Mathieson, L., (2016). Synergies in critical reflective practice and science: Science as reflection and reflection as science. Journal of University Teaching & Learning Practice, 13(2), 1-13. Retrived from http://ro.uow.edu.au/jutlp/vol13/iss2/4.
Mezirow, J. (2003). Transformative Learning as Discourse. Journal of Transformative Education, 1(1),58-63 (DOI:10.1177/15413446032552172).
Muir, F., Scott, M., McConville, K., Watson, K., Behbehani, K., Sukkar, F. (2014). Taking the learning beyond the individual: how reflection informs change in practice. International Journal of Medical Education.5, 24-30 (DOI: 10.5116/ijme.52ec.d21f).
Nalaskowski, A. (2017). Szkoła laboratorium. Od działań autorskich do pedagogii źródeł. [School laboratory. From the authorial acts of doing to pedagogy of resources]. Kraków-Warszawa: Oficyna Wydawnicza “Impuls”,ORE.
Raelin, J. A. ‘‘I Don’t Have Time” versus the Art of Reflective Practice. Reflections The SoL Journal 4(1):66-79 (DOI: 10.1162/152417302320467571).
Schön, D. A. (1995). Reflective Practice: its implications for classroom, administration and research, (A public lecture given for the Dept. of Language, Literacy & Arts Education. The University of Melbourne28 September). Retrived from https://uni.edu/~eastk/109/sp08/270905.pdf.
Schön, D. A. (1991). Designing as reflective conversation with the materials of a design situation (Keynote talk for the Edinburgh Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Design, June 25th 1991). Retrived from http://www.cs.uml.edu/ecg/pub/uploads/DesignThinking/schon-reflective-conversation-talk-design.games.pdf .
Spalding, E., Wilson, A. (2002). Demystifying Reflection: A Study of Pedagogical Strategies that Encourage Reflective Journal Writing. Teachers College Record, 104, 1393-1421.
Szymańska, M. (2017).Transformative Creativity in Teacher Formation. A Pedagogical Approach. Kraków: Wydawnictwo Alademii Ignatianum, WAM.
Szymańska, M. (2019). Portfolio w kształceniu nauczycieli [Portfolio in Teacher Education]. Kraków: Wydawnictwo Naukowe Akademii Ignatianum.
Ciechowska, M.; Kusztal, J., Szymańska, M., (2019). Autoethnography in Intrapersonal and Intra-Active Training of Pedaogues. Selected Aspects and Application Possibilities . Przegląd Badań Edukacyjnych 28(1). 177-192.
Williams, P. L. (1998). Using theories of professional knowldge and reflective practice to influence educational change, Medical Teacher , 20, 28-34.
Copyright (c) 2020 Multidisciplinary Journal of School Education
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. The Author/Authors agree(s) to publish the article free of charge in Multidisciplinary Journal of School Education in English or Spanish. The Editorial Board reserves the right to shorten the texts and change the titles.
2. As part of free publication mentioned in § 1, the Author/Authors agrees to make the full electronic version of their article available in the Internet.
3. The Author/Authors agrees to index their article in databases at home and abroad, including abstracts and keywords as well as Author's/Authors’ affiliation in English and in other languages. The Author/Authors agrees to pass on the information mentioned above to the owners of these databases.
4. The Author/Authors declares that their publication is original and does not include borrowings from other works which might cause Publisher's responsibility, does not infringe the rights of the third party and that their copyright on this publication is not limited. The Author/Authors will incur all the costs and will pay compensations which might result from the mendacity of the following statement.
5. The Author/Authors declares to bear complete responsibility for the scientific reliability of the article submitted. The detailed contribution of all co-authors is defined.
6. The Author/Authors declares to publish the text in the Multidisciplinary Journal of School Education under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License (CC BY-ND 4.0).